Monday, April 26, 2010

BRAVE NEW WORLD

Welcome Everyone,

Was pondering how I was going to begin today and it came to me in a flash. I figured it would be me doing all the talking about; family history ... family TREES ... genealogy ... ancestry .......
But I can't do all that without learning how to do all this Blog thing. There's things I want to share, that I have to get from other places on the internet. So I have to learn how to bring them here for you. I'm the one going to be doing the learning. You get to just sit back and watch.
OK, You can write me comments, smarty :)

Ya know this blog thing actually just reminds me of a good old fashioned runon letter from English class. One great thing already, is that I've been getting back in touch with so many wonderful people, who have helped me with information. It's great to get back in touch with them and tell them I've opened this site. They are my new ROOTS, my friend & penpal roots and cousin roots. 'Cousin' roots so far out ( Ahem!) , they are like a giant spiderweb of family lines. Some so far out, they really did sail away and drop off the edge of the world, where there be Dragons. But I turned the world over and found them
Hooray, our family has a Discworld! and I frequently describe myself as a Turtle since I am slow at mulling things over. So it all works :)

Once again I can't get the italics to turn off. So guess they were meant to be or not to be.
I have a picture in my minds eye of Jane and her son - EWM, and my grandmother and my Mom. They are all sitting around playing scrabble at the kitchen table and in the rocking chairs and saying, "Oh, Look down over there at what that Katie is saying about us today. " Well, I can just hear my Great Grandfather EWM Evans as Baron Munchausen would say it, "NO, NO, NO, you've got quite all wrong!"

Happy Trails, Katiebird








No comments:

Post a Comment