Monday, May 25, 2020

Dr. William Barclay Brown Scriven, elder brother of my Jane Scriven Evans.  He married Sarah Hamilton of Hampton Hall, north of Dublin and on the coast.  
Alan & Irene my lovely sponsors on my trip drove me to see it.  We knocked on the door & the current owners invited us inside for photos and a look around.  Many years ago I corresponded with his father who kindly sent me wonderful photos and writings.  So here is Hampton Hall

 The view on the road to the Hall, the bay is right there, & the turn-in to the property.
 Right   that's me on the front steps
 The entry way foyer & original tiles






 Alan having a look around in the formal dining room



It looks this amazing because of so much fixing and work to repair it and furnish as it should be.  None of the original decorations remained but doesn't it look as if they are!!

WBB always kept his other property in Dublin, in St. Stephens Green & was willed to one of his sons.
Interesting to me too was that Rev. Evans of Rostrevor owned about 3 of those St. Stephen Green address's and they are listed in his will.  
We came away joking how we had been in Downton Abbey !! 

This was the home of Jane's brother, who gave her away in marriage to Edward Evans.  I'll have to look but I think Henry Hamilton signed the certificate too. WBB's father in law.
Sorry , I know it gets confusing

Happy Trails,  Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment