Thursday, May 21, 2020

Thursday  21 May, 2020

The Church of Ireland, Kilbroney , Ireland.  This is where my GGG Grandfather John Evans was for over 40 years.  His son, Edward Kentish Evans grew up here with his brother & sisters. There are better pictures online of the Church & Facebook. I regret my visit was too short. I wasn't able to go inside and take pictures.  Just to the East, directly across from the Church & behind some business's is the graveyard where he & family are buried. Also Mrs. Elizabeth Ross of Rostrevor and others. A small hidden away graveyard. Very peaceful   Alas, I was not able to enter the gates and take pictures.







Across the road and aways up, we spotted the Old SchoolHouse Cafe.  The inside decorations were novels and schoolbooks about the walls. I loved it.  I had a seafood soup that was delicious and onion rings on the side. Everything was so good and I wish I lived closer to eat there often.  The Coke bottle was small compared to what is served here in the USA. It was fun, Also online are more & better pictures than what I post here.




Happy Trails, Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment